Welcome to the St. Aloysius Catholic Elementary School website. This website is intended to provide information that will help our school community become more familiar with all of the many activities and opportunities offered to the students at St. Aloysius. We hope that you will take the time to visit this site on a regular basis.
A warm welcome back to all students, staff and parents in the St. Aloysius community. We find ourselves in an interesting time and it is my hope that this message finds you healthy and well. No doubt, COVID-19 has made wide ranging changes to the school experience. Our school’s first priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of all students and staff.
This September, you’ll notice a number of changes designed to protect the health of our school. We’re planning for the following adjustments this fall:
- Six-foot distance markers, to help everyone follow social distancing protocol
- One-way directional signage in walkways to minimize close contact in confined spaces, at select locations
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available in every room
- Important safety signage, to remind our community of recommended hygiene practices and the importance of symptom checking
- In an effort to protect everyone, parents are encouraged to not enter the school grounds – there will be adequate staff supervision on the yard to ensure your child’s safety
Parents play an important role in helping to keep everyone safe at school. We respectfully request that you follow the new protocols set out by Public Health for our school year.
- If your child is feeling unwell, or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them at home until they are feeling better.
- Only staff and students are permitted to be inside the school. You will need to make an appointment before entering the school and you will need a mask. All parents who enter a school building must have completed the self-assessment checklist before entering the school building. (Parents should self-isolate and seeking testing if indicated). If parents do not pass the screening, they should notify the school Admin Assistant.
- Please drop off your child at the school property line in the morning.
- Parents should wait for their children off school property, and let their children come to them.
- Please pack a lunch to send to school with your child. We are not able to accept dropped off lunches at the school door.
- Water bottles should be sent to school with your child. We can refill water bottles only during our scheduled washroom breaks.
- All students should wear a clean mask to school, and then take their mask home at the end of the day to be cleaned.
- Please have a clean pair of shoes for your child to wear indoors.
- We are not able to allow students to bring personal belongings from home such as toys, school supplies, or outdoor equipment.
Our dedicated staff are very caring and committed individuals, and developing the literacy and numeracy skills of our students is the focus of our programs. However, one cannot attain skills in isolation. I believe that we are part of a learning community that must provide a safe and secure environment and foster character attributes, such as respect and responsibility while improving student achievement.
Each day brings new challenges and opportunities for all of us, and together we become better for these experiences. Welcoming and supporting parents to take an active role in their child’s learning is a key role of a school administrator. I welcome parent contacts and endeavour to make your child’s years at St. Aloysius Catholic School successful.
Yours in Christ,