Welcome to the St. Aloysius Catholic Elementary School website. This website is intended to provide information that will help our school community become more familiar with all of the many activities and opportunities offered to the students at St. Aloysius. We hope that you will take the time to visit this site on a regular basis.
A warm welcome back to all students, staff and parents in the St. Aloysius community. We also welcome Mr. Mastroianni, our new Vice Principal!
We find ourselves in an interesting time and it is my hope that this message finds you healthy and well. No doubt, COVID-19 has made wide ranging changes to the school experience. Our school’s first priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of all students and staff.
It has and continues to be a challenging time in our world with COVID-19 and the ongoing concern for public safety.
Although we are excited to be starting school again in our building, we are very aware of how different things
need to be as we move forward. It still will not be “business as usual” at St. Aloysius Catholic School. There
are many processes and procedures that continue to be in place this school year and will require the
absolute cooperation of everyone in our St. Aloysius School Community.
Many of these rules and procedures have been put in place by the Province of Ontario, the Ministry of
Education, the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and by Waterloo Region Public Health. It is therefore
essential that we all work together to keep our school community safe by following the plans outlined in our Operational Guidelines, no matter our personal feelings.
Parents play an important role in helping to keep everyone safe at school. We respectfully request that you follow the protocols set out by Public Health for our school year.
- If your child is feeling unwell, or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them at home until they are feeling better.
- Only staff and students are permitted to be inside the school. You will need to make an appointment before entering the school and you will need a mask. All parents who enter a school building must have completed the self-assessment checklist before entering the school building. (Parents should self-isolate and seeking testing if indicated). If parents do not pass the screening, they should notify the school Admin Assistant.
- Please drop off your child at the school property line in the morning.
- Parents should wait for their children off school property, and let their children come to them.
- Please pack a lunch to send to school with your child. We are not able to accept dropped off lunches at the school door.
- Water bottles should be sent to school with your child. We can refill water bottles only during our scheduled washroom breaks.
- All students should wear a clean mask to school, and then take their mask home at the end of the day to be cleaned.
- We are not able to allow students to bring personal belongings from home such as toys, school supplies, or outdoor equipment.
Our dedicated staff are very caring and committed individuals, and developing the literacy and numeracy skills of our students is the focus of our programs. However, one cannot attain skills in isolation. I believe that we are part of a learning community that must provide a safe and secure environment and foster character attributes, such as respect and responsibility while improving student achievement.
Please subscribe to our school website so that you can receive current updates and information items. We
encourage parents to keep in touch by talking to your child about what they are learning and also by being
involved in the school and keeping up-to-date with school happenings.
Yours in Christ,